In November 2021, the CEI Board of Directors will be looking to fill four director positions on our board. We are reaching out to all interested Community Members to fill these vacancies.
CEI is currently seeking Expressions of Interest to fill the following positions:
- two (2) Independent Director Positions (Not members of Chief and Council or Cheam First Nation employees)
- two (2) Related Director Positions (Member of Chielf and COuncil or Cheam First Nation employee)
CEI’s purpose is to develop active and profitable businesses, both inside and outside of Cheam’s territory, while also supporting Cheam’s entrepreneurs and the Nation’s broader goals and aspirations.
CEI’s mandate is to be an economic development engine for Cheam that is appropriately independent, administratively self-sufficient, and suitably connected to Cheam.
Cheam Enterprises Inc. pursues and implements economic opportunities that:
- are profitable and provide economic returns to Cheam;
- are consistent with Cheam’s values and vision;
- provide training and employment opportunities of all types for members, including in professions, trades, management, governance and business;
- provide industry diversity;
- encourage business innovation;
- support the development of member-owned businesses and entrepreneurship.
These priorities drive all of Cheam Enterprises Inc’s plans, budgets, and business decisions.
If you are interested in joining the CEI Board of Directors, please email your resume and/or work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you can drop off a letter of interest with Daphne at the Cheam Band office.
Please note that all resumes or letters of interest must be received by August 31, 2021.